Zucchini To The Rescue!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

KrystaK

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I bought three Juvi Otto's about two weeks ago now and when I got them I also got some algae wafers for them to munch on. It turns out my female molly really likes algae wafers, and she'd always eat them before the otto's could get to them.

I hadn't seen any of them eat fro the entire first week I had them, so I decided to try vegetables for their diet.
Kale failed with all the fish in my 20 gal. My Betta likes to hide under it, but that was about it.

I tried some Zucchini yesterday, just a thin slice, I came home today and 3/4 of it was gone. Granted I watched my betta munch on it, when i got home all three otto's were resting on or very near it, and they all looked a little more plump than they had before so HEZZAH!!!

Are there any other foods I could try with them? :)

Try cucumber. I have to put at least 2 slices in when i use cucumber though, else a fight breaks out between the clowns, the bristlenose and the otos. Actually, the otos just seem to wait their turn, and while not terribly shy, will only eat it with the tank lights out!

Cucumber, potato or peas? (de-shelled peas) and make sure you boil them all because it makes them softer and therefore easier for the fish to eat. I always have to put 2 algae wafers in because my fish all like to share 1 and then my pleco has 1 to himself until he gets bored and leaves it, then the other fish finish it off... :shifty:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back