Zeus Died :(

tibby25731

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I've been away for the weekend. Just got home to find Zeus dead - floating, and covered in a whitish slimey growth. Argh! The other fish (Still unnamed!) seems fine. I have done a water change but am worried - I don't know what Zeus died if, there were no obvious signs and I kinda think the white came after his death. Any ideas? If there may be a problem I want to medicate so i don't lose the other betta :(

Thanks. Such a shame - I'd only had him a week. But hey, that is the whole point of quarantine.... I just hope the other fish is OK.

Sorry for your loss. The white film you described is likely to have occured after death. I have had fish die and be found a few days later and they have a white covering.

So sorry Tibby :-( ....that's rotten for you to come home to find that :rip: Zeus

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry you lost your betta :(
I had the same thing happen to a female betta in a community tank. Everything was fine when we left, came back after a week, and the only thing left of her was a nasty gelatinous goo stuck to the filter w/ little bones sticking out of it. All other fish were ok. Just sucks that things like that have to happen :(

**HUGS**

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back