zebra plecos.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

No they won't eat algae, they might nip at it when thet are starved but then again you wouldn't let that happened to a fish this expensive....this guys are better off being keep by themselves and be feed with blood worms and some veggies like zuccini, lettuce....etc...If only I could afford one....lol...

The might nibble your algae tiny little bit, but its definatly not their main diet. So, even though you have some exceptions, I'd say the answer to your question is no. Its not common for them to eat algae

Very few plecs eat algea as their main diet and zebras are certainly not one of them, they require a meaty diet of pieces of mussel, bloodworm and even small pieces of fish.

They are a great fish but for the money( $80.00 around here) even if they did eat algea I wouldn't use them for a clean up crew and hope they got all they needed. I would have to put them in a species tank and monitor them like crazy. I didn't read your tank spec. but if they would work I really like ottos.

If you can pick them up for $80 you should probably do it! The last fry that sold on aquabid sold for $504 for 3 1" fry. They are banned for export from Brazil. The only new ones you'll find in the hobby now will be tank raised.

Barbie

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back