Zebra Danios

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

EddieW

Fish Addict
Reaction score
At last I managed to get a couple to stay still long enough to be in focus....

Attachments

• zebra.jpg
    zebra.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 89
An all time classic fish the Zebra Danio, I try to get all beginners to get a shoal as starter fish at my place of work, but I still long for a nice big tank of my own with a 40-50 strong shoal! Love 'em :wub:

These are the fish I have had since I started out with an un-cycled, too small tank - all I had done was let it sit for a week and every single one has survived!

Definitely the ones to start with!

A shoal of 40-50 sounds good :)

Have you had any luck breeding them eddie? I hear its pretty easy ;)

Not managed to breed any yet - although the out of focus one at the front of the pic seems to be getting bigger lately. Might just be greedy though.....

Just looked through all your pics, must say that they're very nice indeed. Keep posting with lots of new pics.

Hi,

I've breed Z. Danios but couldnt keep the young alive. Every one of you has probobly had danio fry many times without knowing it! They are so small, you need a magnifying glass to see them. I finally caught 1 a few months ago and after 4 weeks, it was only half the size of a new guppy fry!. I mean SMALL, litterally, you can compair them to a grain of sand. If they lay eggs, i must conclud that they would be impossible to find! The one fry was kool though, with it's small size after 3 weeks, it apeared to glow neon blue!(and yes it was a danio, it was the only species in the tank).

P.S. They rarely move. Only 1-2 inches at the most before floating to the bottom to rest again for 5 minutes or so(they are soo pathetic!) :huh:

Most reactions

Back