Zebra Danios

Torchwood~Mindfreak

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a cycling tank (Link in signature) with I think now 3 zebra danios. I pretty sure whats left is two females and a male but I'm no where near expirenced enough to tell (Is there a cheat like with livebearers?) At feeding time the biggest female? always chases the others abit and eats the most. This morning before I left for school I saw her and one of the others swimming around each other kinda twisted you know (It looked similar to some fish breeding videos I'd seen) They're still juviniles and the tank is still cycling so could they be breeding or is it aggression? Tank temp is 76F Thanks for any info.

OMG I didn't mean to post this here :unsure: I meant to put it in the Disscussion board. Sorry mods plz move it if you think it fits better there. Sorry :sad:

Well the one is either just really fat or pregnant (Full of eggs? idk what it's called) Does anyone have any pics of a Zebra Danio full of eggs? I can't seem to find any.

Can you guys tell me from that video whether you think she's gravid or just normal? Because if she is I want to try and breed them, will the eggs/fry survive though because my tank isn't cycled yet?

You will get more help by posting this thread in the danio section of the forum.

if a mod online just send a pm.
Or just copy and paste the thread over to the danio section of the forum.

Zebra Danios pretty much chase each other constantly. Mine are always as it.

During spawing (which happens predomiantly in the AM) they can go hyper-active with even more chasing.

This behaviour is perfectly normal for them.

Most reactions

Back