your recomendation

shellzz

Reaction score
As I've already stated I work at a pet sotre, and I want an opinion of what's concidered the best filter for what kinds of seniero. I've found the bio-wheels are great I've been very pleased with them, but I've hear aquaclear is pretty good for bacteria. Also what about undergravel filters? I would like to hear an opinion on which is concidered better.
-thanks-
shells

:) Shellzz, from your reference to bio-wheels etc. you come from North America.

In the UK the best for freshwater is the external canister, lots of room for different media and easy to maintain. ;)

Undergravels still have their supporters, being very cheap to buy but the downside is lots of maintenance and a complete stripdown after a few years. :no: Mac.

You have to strip down UGF every so often because of all the gunk that gets sucked under the filter plate and has no way of being removed, except tearing it down. Otherwise you could be looking at water condition problems and a clogged filter too. I would steer clear of UGF and go with power or canister filters or on big tanks, both.

Marineland is now offering the biowheels as an add on feature for external filters. So you can have the best of all worlds. :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back