You Would Be Proud Of Me

Mystil

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello guys
Went into P@H earlier and saw a really gorgeous betta male....red with red and white see through fins (commonest fin type seen in shops).....I ummed and arhhhed for about 10 minutes and then thought about my inhabitants that are already in my tank....

My blue rams I would have thought would be a problem....so I left him there :sad:

Was I right to do so?

My tank is a 120 litre...I could not face bringing him home and then having him not happy in my tank....

I have got a nano tank that he would love but it is my quarantine tank.... :/

I was so close that I had to phone my partner to get him to tell me off! :D

Nope, you did the right thing. Most bettas are not overly pleased with tankmates. And the tankmates can bully. And it really is a good idea to have a quarantine tank, so you have done the right thing. ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... buy ANOTHER tank just for the betta! :p

so you have done the right thing. ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... buy ANOTHER tank just for the betta! :p

Dont say that my Hubbby would KILL me if i had another tank...he nearly flipped with the nano! :lol:

Although I am travelling up to Bucks tomorrow and my mum has a 2 foot tank that she is getting rid of....hmmmm... :hey: :shifty:

Do you recon he would notice? :lol:

Also do bettas need filters and heaters? One of the local shops had a betta male in a small glass poppurri pot with no heater of filter...what do you think of this? I was not sure it was fair on the betta.

Yea, that's not the best home for Bettas. 1-Gal is the absolute minimum for them. Try for 2.5 Gal +
Also they do best at 78-80F so if you keep the house cold, then yes, you'll need a heater. But only for a 2Gal+ tank. Also a filter is a good idea for any fish ^^

I would say, ALWAYS go with a heater - the temperature of your house may drop quite steeply overnight. Plus bettas do better with a constant temperature.
As for a filter - well, it depends. not everyone on here uses them - but without a filter, you need to be doing at least 2 water changes a week to keep the water level safe for your fish. I personally would not go without a filter as I am too lazy, i prefer to just do one weekly partial change!
Get the 2ft..... divide it into 3.... get 3 bettas! YAY! Husband will never notice, just get it home while he is out and set it up, then claim it has always been there!

I have done the add the tank while hes not home deal, works out well because Dear husband does not know where the gravel vacs are to drain and return the tanks.

good for you, although i was a little naughty today and took my lil sister knowing she wanted one, he is now reserved being picked up tomorrow.
you should get that 2 ft tank and get him :shifty:

Most reactions

Back