Yellow Bellied Damsel

fish_lover09

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i have placed an order for a yellow bellied damsel and a royal gramma as i throught the would get along but after a little more research i found out that they might fight and was the best way to introduce these to the tank so they dont fight i was thinking add the royal gramma leave it for a little while then add the damsel also im getting a peppermint shrimp and a few days later a 4 snails are being delivered is this to much to add in one week

Are you ordering online? How big is the tank? and general setup details would be good.

Aslong as you have quite a bit of rock I don't see their being much of a problem. Damsels are known for being little SOBs but if they each have their own space, it should work.

Are you ordering online? How big is the tank? and general setup details would be good.

Aslong as you have quite a bit of rock I don't see their being much of a problem. Damsels are known for being little SOBs but if they each have their own space, it should work.
yes im ordering online. The tank in a 20 gallon it already has 2 small clownfish in the tank and the fish iv ordered are juveniles

I would personally see if I could give the damsel to the neerest LFS purely because as it matures its going to become territorial and it can cause other fish to get stressed. Stressed fish become sick fish.

If you really want to keep it, make sure there are lots of hiding places and keep an eye on everyone

Either that or see if you can cancel the damsel order or see if you can get some inverts insted if they wont give you your money back.

I would personally see if I could give the damsel to the neerest LFS purely because as it matures its going to become territorial and it can cause other fish to get stressed. Stressed fish become sick fish.

If you really want to keep it, make sure there are lots of hiding places and keep an eye on everyone
i think i will see if i can change the damsel to something else
thanks for your help

I think thats a good choice.

Some sort of goby maybe? Or firefish?

Let us know how it goes and what you end up going with

I think thats a good choice.

Some sort of goby maybe? Or firefish?

Let us know how it goes and what you end up going with
we are on the same wavelenth :lol: i just asked them if they could kindly swap the damsel for a yellow coral gobby hopefully these are safe
thanks for your help

Oooh cool, a YCG would be a great addition. I have seen them in the LFS, they are small but have lots of personality so will be great to sit and watch.

Make sure you post up some pics when they have settled in so we can all see lol

ok so they emailed me back today and said i could swap the fish for yellow coral goby and i started to do some research on them and it turns out they can be picky eaters any one got one of there own to help me with feeding i dont think they would let me change the fish again. i herd that they eat cyclop-eeze so i have ordered some off ebay as my LFS dont sell it also does cyclop-eeze actually brighten the colour of the fish
thank for your help

If its the same fish I think it is, feeding is a breeze.

Is it "Scientific name: Gobiodon okinawae"? Its also known as a yellow clown goby

The yellow clown goby is very easy to feed as it accepts almost all types of foods including marine flake food. It is a quick eater and swims into open water to eat whenever you fed it. This means that this goby usually gets the food it needs and that you don't need to make sure that it gets enough food like you need for many other gobies. Feed your Yellow clown goby a varied diet containing a lot of high protein food. You can use a marine flake food or shrimp pellets as a base, but you should give them frozen food and chopped up sea food as well. Feed 2-3 times a day.

If its the same fish I think it is, feeding is a breeze.

Is it "Scientific name: Gobiodon okinawae"? Its also known as a yellow clown goby

The yellow clown goby is very easy to feed as it accepts almost all types of foods including marine flake food. It is a quick eater and swims into open water to eat whenever you fed it. This means that this goby usually gets the food it needs and that you don't need to make sure that it gets enough food like you need for many other gobies. Feed your Yellow clown goby a varied diet containing a lot of high protein food. You can use a marine flake food or shrimp pellets as a base, but you should give them frozen food and chopped up sea food as well. Feed 2-3 times a day.
yes it is Gobiodon okinawae i read that they can be pikcy but it seems to be size of food rather than the food it self
thanks ur help

Most reactions

Back