Yellow banded maroon clownfish

L200

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Saw a few of these today and thought they were ace!!

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...cfm?pCatId=1442

Was gonna get a pair of clarkii clowns but think im gonna get a pair of these instead.. there £30 each though!

Will a pair be ok together or are they best singly....

Can anyone tell me much about them,there doesnt seem to be to much info i can find! all ive come up with is on liveaquaria.com

Mikk

Maroon clowns are probably my most favourite clow but be warned, they are the largest of the clownfish family and also the most aggressive. :/

So is that a single or a pair?

The ones i saw in the LFS had various single specimens and only one pair together so i wasnt sure,they were £30 each, is that a reasonable price?

you can keep them in pairs but make sure they are in the tank at the same time. £30 each is a bit steep IMO. I have seen them down here for roughly £18 each. The Yellow stripe and the white stripe are exactly the same fish so dont be fooled into paying more for a yellow stripe as they sometime lose this colouration as they grow older.

also, if your shooting for a pair, to minimize trouble, buy the biggest one they have, and the smallest. that way the dominace struggle should be short.

I think all breeds of Premnas Biaculeatus are awesome fish; I would always buy tank-bred ones though, because the largest wild one ever documented was 22.6 cm! :hyper: but i can't see one getting that big in an aquarium. but yeah; if I had access to them i would definetly buy a pair.

Im gonna get a pair!

Talked 2 the guy who deals with the marines and he says those are the only pair that live together out of 12 that he had,hes done me the pair for £55 so ive put £15 deposit on em and am going back for em at the weekend!!

Hes had em in about 6 weeks and watched them feed as well they happily accepted flake as well,so i was pleased about that,so they should be ok.

Any ideas bout transporting them home and putting them in my tank?

Looks like a Lobophytum.. not sure to be honest as the polyps are closed up but it looks remarkably like an old Devils Finger/hand i had.

I just purchased a Maroon and it's been three days without it eating. Given it Frozen mysis and brine shrimp. Tried Krill. Any other suggestions? Day 1 it swam around the Tank, but has been hiding ever since. The Ammonia/Nitrite/Nitrate levels in the Tank read 0ppm, Temp 78 degrees and pH 8.3. Don't want to just keep adding food to the tank only to pollute it. Can't get food near the fish. Flake food? Garlic. The fish is about 4.5-5 inches. Could the frozen food be too small? Please advise!!!!!! PS, those yellow striped maroons are georgeous!!!!!!!

Most reactions

Back