Yay!

weezawoo

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Sorry just very happy my other RO unit came and runs perfect, pressure fine on the outside tap so runs beautifully, seems like quite a lot coming out the good tap aswell!!!
Tested some water after running for 5mins and it read 1, thought hmmm thats not bad, left it 10mins tested again and its 0!!!! Got to figure setting it up and getting a container to run it into until I need it.

Any tips on tubs, do they have to be food safe? and how big do you think I should go for? 100l barrel or something? It will most likely also be the tub I use for mixing the salt water in, is that ok or will it make my tds readings off when I make a new batch?

Thanks

Actually just found this http://www.waterbuttsnbottles.co.uk/prodtype.asp?strPageHistory=category&numSearchStartRecord=0&P_ID=443&CAT_ID=114&numRecordPosition=1
Says food grade, think it will do the job?

There are better ones - ones that sit on a stand and they have a tap, will try and look later for you

Seffie x

http://www.waterbuttwarehouse.co.uk/all-waterbutts they are not the exact ones I was thinkibg of, but they are the sort I meant

, thought hmmm thats not bad, left it 10mins tested again and its 0

We have a little tradition on here :rolleyes: when you say you have 0 TDS reading you have to prove it with a photo :p

Its just a bit of fun

Seffie x

When I am home I will take a photo for you :D haha

Also will check out the link when I am home, so hectic at work today I want to cry ad just lie in the sun! haha

right I have posted my 'proof' in my journal :lol:

Those waterbutts look good, my only question is, how do they work with mixing the salt water, also not sure I have a use for the tap... I was planning on getting the BF to carry the water in, (thats why we have men!!!) and syphon it in, not a good idea?? Is it best to W/C via the main tank or the sump? I was thinking of using the sump.

also are the waterbutts food grade? It says 100% recycled plastic, is that a problem?

right I have posted my 'proof' in my journal :lol:

Those waterbutts look good, my only question is, how do they work with mixing the salt water, also not sure I have a use for the tap... I was planning on getting the BF to carry the water in, (thats why we have men!!!) and syphon it in, not a good idea?? Is it best to W/C via the main tank or the sump? I was thinking of using the sump.

also are the waterbutts food grade? It says 100% recycled plastic, is that a problem?

Ah right, I was thinking you would store your water and mix elsewhere, which is what I do and yes, man power is very useful for carrying (donkey work :p)

Seffie x

is it easier to do that, hmmm actually I guess it is, didn't really think about that much.
I won't get any bad stuffs from those waterbutts will I? Like leaching from the plastic?

is it easier to do that, hmmm actually I guess it is, didn't really think about that much.
I won't get any bad stuffs from those waterbutts will I? Like leaching from the plastic?

I wouldn't have thought so tbh

OK thanks! Might take a trip to B&Q or somewhere see if they have anything that I can get from there rather than online!
Really want my tank plumbing sorted so I can fill my tank at least with the RO water lol! itching to start it all! :D

Most reactions

Back