Woul this work?

Paradise_Gourami

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ive seen people have tanks with both gouramis and cichlids in a tank, so im woundering if i could put 2 one inch convicts, 1 one and a half inch jewel cichlid, 1 two and a half inch kissing gourami, a 3 inch kissingg gourami, and a 4 inch rainbow shark in a tank?

dwarfs said:
Everything sounds fine, but the kisser reaches about 12 inches so a 55 gallon would be minimum
As far as I know kissers only reach 8 inches. I think they can be kept in a 30-40 gallon tank.

What tank size are you talking here?

Jewels are very aggressive and may well harass all the other fish and the very least. :blink: But it could work in a big enough tank.

Whatever you do, don't put 2 jewels in there.

The only reason I made no comment on the jewels was because PG only had one :p A single jewel cichlid, when mature, turns a deep crimpson red, and takes over the tank. A pair of jewels, would turn bright cherry red, and kill all other fish in the tank, possibly even plec's (I doubt with any success) My dad has a mature male jewel cichlid, who would kill anything we put him with, so he lives alone In an abandone 15g for now. Jewls only get about six inches, so full grown kissers may not be endangered. Although, I'm sure a pair of jewels could kill an oscar, or most other fish :no: Maybe get something else instead of the jewel, like a firemouth or some other peaceful cichlid, and put the jewel alone in a 20l, or even breed them in one :)

Most reactions

Back