Wood issues???

Chainsaws, regardless of power source use oil to lube the chain. I have both electric and gas chainsaws and they both use the same 30W oil between the chain and bar. Pretty sure some miniscule amount would be on the cut edge of the wood but the majority of any contaminate will be spewed in the in the chips. Of course any amount is too much I would guess but boiling the wood rinse and repeat should remove the contaminate.

So far the wood I have used has been dead previously standing and any cutting has been done with either a bow saw or if I am feeling lazy a reciprocating saw with demolition blade. Course I have not yet built enough tanks to have endured much labor.

I agree with Whistlingbadger. A chain saw should likely be avoided for any final cutting.

yes, I use either a battery powered reciprocating saw, or one of my electric bladed wood working tools, on anything for the aquariums... chain saw is only for wood being burned

Last edited:
This is a newer Repashi stick… only been in the tanks long enough, not to float.. in this better lighting, you can see the red more clearly
IMG_5053.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back