Windows 7 - Betta Background!

Tacklebury

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have just installed Windows 7 Beta version to give it a try.

I was most surprised when i saw this was the default background picture!!

Untitled.jpg

I'm logging off now so look forward to the replies tomorrow!!!

If you want windows 7 just google it!!!

Without being too serious...

We had windows 3.11

Then we had Windows 95 (or version 4?)

Then there was Windows 98 (presumably version 5?)

Then Windows ME (Version 6?)

Then Windows XP (Version 7?)

And finally Vista (Version 8?)

Now we have Windows 7 (9?).

That counting problem could explain why there always seems to be so many problems with Micro$oft products ;)

XP was released quickly after ME due to all the bugs on ME. Supprise suppries, there is an anouncement for the replacement version of Windows for the very buggy Vista within a year of it's launch...

The background pic is alright though :nod:

All the best
Rabbut

I wonder if the background is just on the BETTA version...

Sorry :p

We had windows 3.11

That counting problem could explain why there always seems to be so many problems with Micro$oft products ;)

causes all sorts of comments this :hyper: . it seems, Microsoft, say 95,98, 98-se are all one OS version (5). we can say for sure, that it will not work properly, even when it goes on sale.

Where's NT4 and Win 2000 (which is version 5)?

we can say for sure, that it will not work properly

I assume you mean 7?...if so, it's already more stable than vista.

Where's NT4 and Win 2000 (which is version 5)?

we can say for sure, that it will not work properly

I assume you mean 7?...if so, it's already more stable than vista.

indeed!

NT and 2000, are from a line not connected with the main stream OS, until the advent of XP. even then the only, real, relationship is the fact that XP and NT/200 were 32 bit operating systems

We had windows 3.11

= the reason to have a Mac :).

I do like the pun though :good:

i use a laptop, which came with xp on it - i made the purchase of vista pro costing £300, plus had a certain computer company 'where in da world' put it on for me, now.....looks like we're are going through the same stuff again...yet another upgrade.

notes how they say this new one is more stable - ive heard that the last several upgrades

Two points and nothing much to do with fish either

Always, if you can be an "OEM" Windows if upgrading - this is a non retail boxed version (just a disc) and much cheaper.

IMO vista should have the betta desktop as its clearly been a beta for the upcoming windows 7.

nice find BTW :thumbs:

Two points and nothing much to do with fish either

Always, if you can be an "OEM" Windows if upgrading - this is a non retail boxed version (just a disc) and much cheaper.

IMO vista should have the betta desktop as its clearly been a beta for the upcoming windows 7.

nice find BTW :thumbs:

Office 14 is out on beta too. the two are supposed to work, closely together. Microsoft call it "lighting up" the operating system. story sound more like trying to stop others selling word processors to me. i'm not surprised, this is Microsoft after all.
its a rum do, when the best (gui) OS Microsoft have ever produced is 8 years old. and they cant get its replacement to work. there are still some bits, supposed to be in vista, that aren't in 7! £300(vista) for an os that only the very experienced can use, with any reliability. i hate XP, but it is so much more stable than vista, it has to stay.

might try the 7 beta on my lappy, its on vista, so the change is a "no brainer".

Most reactions

Back