Will These Shrimps Be Okay Together?

Truck

UKAPS
Reaction score
in my Rio 125 i want a skunk shrimp, but i also dont fancy removing aiptasia myself so would it be okay if i had 2 peppermint shrimps and 1 skunk cleaner shrimp?

would there be fights and am i better off sticking to one specie?

Probably be fine so long as you added them close in time to each other (thus not allowing them to become territorial)

A long time ago I kept a widowed skunk cleaner in with four peppermint shrimps in a 20 gallon and they got along well enough.

Remember that it is best to keep skunk cleaners as pairs (or more). Peppermints are best in groups. It helps improve their confidence, so they won't hide as much.

i keep one each in mine and they are generally no problems between the two as they tend to try and stay away from each other as much as possible. upon contact the peppermint is always first to get away.

they wouldn't be friendly to each other in that sense but there should be no conflicts

Hi Truck

My 2 Peppermints stripped the aiptasia the first night they were added :good: Also caught one of the peppermints dragging a bristleworm out its hole and ripping it to shreds :sick:

its a hit or miss with peppermints even if we're talking about true L. wurdemanni. this article should explain how so

I have a skunk, fireshrimp and 3 peppermint shrimp in my 30g and they all get along fine. The fireshrimp and peppermint shrimp stay on one side of the tank and the skunk stays on the other. The skunk was added much later than the others.

what im going to do is add my snails and crabs then a week later 2 peppermint shrimps and a week after a skunk shrimp. thanks for all your help guys :good:

Most reactions

Back