Wild Bettas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Look, one of our old mods wrote an index entry about them.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/115947-betta-falx/

For more information about a variety of interesting betta species, listen to the podcast with Coryologist and Mark Denaro. It's surprising how many betta species there are.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/308000-coryolgists-interview-with-mark-denaro/

If you live in the US, Mark Denaro of Anubias Design often imports various kinds of wild bettas and other fish. A link to his site is here:

http://www.anubiasdesign.com/index.php

I breed Wild Bettas and have some for sale.

Here's some pictures of what I have.

Wild male Betta Brownorum.....
rmi74rxbzk90te5s8m0.jpg

Pair of Wild Betta Albimarginata....
vi9mekpnrup9496lvds6.jpg

Pair of Wild Betta Macrostoma....
1cvq7qbpxt5eqtvtfio0.jpg

Wild Betta Macrostoma flaring.....
isjur4g0njqnfcans99r.jpg

Wild Betta Simplex.....
duj2ixbdd3shnxt0dnz.jpg

Hi Thewild :)

Welcome to the forum! :hi:

I've recently started keeping some wild bettas too. They are quite impressive fish, and not at all like the betta splendens. I have pairs of B. simplex and B. albimarginata. What I like best about them is that they almost seem to be affectionate with each other.

Thanks for sharing your pictures. I hope we can get some more of our members interested in keeping some of these fine little fish.

BTW, where are you located?

Hi Thewild :)

Welcome to the forum! :hi:

I've recently started keeping some wild bettas too. They are quite impressive fish, and not at all like the betta splendens. I have pairs of B. simplex and B. albimarginata. What I like best about them is that they almost seem to be affectionate with each other.

Thanks for sharing your pictures. I hope we can get some more of our members interested in keeping some of these fine little fish.

BTW, where are you located?

Same here, I just started last year. I used to keep betta splendens back in the days and then stopped in like 1992. They just didnt seem exciting for me anymore. I never was able to successfully breed any splendens. Didnt put too much effort into it. Just last year, I went to one of the local fish store and saw a pair of wild betta brownorums. The ones that are all red with a green spot on each side. I was like WOW. I picked that pair up and was successful at breeding and raising the fries. Then I found out that there were bettas that didnt use bubblenest, instead kept the eggs in their mouths. I saw a pair of Macrostomas for $200. I was very reluctant to buy, but could not pass up the chance to get something this rare and different. The rest is history and now I have 4 pairs of Macrostoma, 2 pairs of Albimarginatas, a pair of Channoides, a bunch of Brownorums, simplex and a whole lot of fries from these species. Its good to see that others are venturing into this niche as well.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back