White bumps? Shedding? Fungus or . . . ?

Octopink

Reaction score
Hey all - I'm a new African dwarf frog owner. I have two in a planted tank with four guppies. They're eating bloodworms famously and doing great. However, I noticed a bump on the larger of my two in addition to some faded spots. No change in appetite or disposition. However, if it's something that needs to be treated, I'd like to know before he shows further symptoms. Note: I haven't noticed a frog shed yet - so maybe it's the start of a shed? One of the spots on the side of his head, behind his eye, sticks out like a pimple.

I'd like to hear your thoughts. These dudes have been a delight and I want to do everything to keep them healthy :)

Attached his the image with my circled concerns, the other is a pic of the ammonia test ran just before posting here.

Frug.png

Ammonia.png

Update: Froggo is doing well. He developed another spot on the tip of his nose that grew more pronounced as time wore on. I purchased Paraguard and started treating the water with it. So far, the lesions developed a 'popped blister' apperance. I can tell the one on his nose bugs him because he'll swipe at his snout ( . . . do frogs have snouts?) with his front feet. But at least their projection from the skin is decreasing and the white part is fading. Paraguard seems to be working for now! :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back