Which Corys, How Many, And Can I Mix Species?

thanks, i'l do some research. are they all definitely trilineatus? one of them looks exactly like the cory labelled julii on this site.
http://www.scotcat.com/factsheets/c_trilineatus.htm

cheers :good:

I agree with Frank- there are no absolutes :)

I feed my cories a wide range of good foods, my cories seem to spawn when they're ready, their spawning doesn't necessarily start after a cold w/c ,they just do it when they feel like it,and i don't do owt special to trigger them :)

Fab pics by the way - well done :good:

are they all definitely trilineatus? one of them looks exactly like the cory labelled julii on this site.
True C. julii are rarely seen in the hobby. Unless you know precisely where the fish were collected, your question cannot be answered, but it certainly can be endlessly debated. - Frank

P.S. I personally think that your fish looks closer to C. acrensis, but many people feel that C. acrensis is a variant of C. trilineatus. There is no way to know for sure.

c_trilineatus_2_fr_aa.jpg

thanks, i'll feed them really well, keep the tank clean, and hope for the best then. :good: i don't know where they were caught from, but what is your opinion?

025.jpg

it also seems fatter than the others. might it just be a female trilineatus?

thanks, looking at the other pics, do you think that they are all C. acrensis, or just that one? and if they are all C. acrensis, is that a bad thing, and would they still possibly breed?

looking at the other pics, do you think that they are all C. acrensis, or just that one?
Until settled and well conditioned, impossible to tell.

and if they are all C. acrensis, is that a bad thing
No. Why would it be?
and would they still possibly breed?
Most Corys in the hobby, have been bred. Some often - some rarely and a few - never. - Frank

thanks, would it help identify them if i add some more pics in a few weeks, or would it take months to be sure? and i'll still have a go at breeding them. why not!

thanks, would it help identify them if i add some more pics in a few weeks, or would it take months to be sure?
Some settle-in, quickly. Others can take a few weeks. Again, I would not go on the assumption that you ever going to know, with complete certainty. Rather, I would suggest that you simply enjoy your fish.
and i'll still have a go at breeding them. why not!
That's the spirit. "Why not," is the perfect attitude. - Frank

thanks, i'm definitely enjoying them, they're great. it would just be interesting to know. i've always loved corys, even before i even got any. they seem happy, they are munching on some worms ATM. is it ok that they occasionally swim up and down the glass, or does that mean they're stressed. i'll try and breed them whatever they are, then i'll have loads of corys. :hyper:

thanks for the encouragement, this seems like one of the friendliest sections on the forum. :good:

thanks, i'll stop worrying now. :lol:

at first they were a bit timid, but now they are really active. i find their barbels really funny. will they be ok in the group of 4, or should i add another couple?

thanks again :good:

I was the same when i first got corys,i love watching mine,and they're my upmost favourite of all fishes :good:

Enjoy them,the more cories the better they'll enact with each other :) and if and when they do breed,then thats an added bonus :good:

thanks, i'll get another 2 then. it would be really cool if they breed. i can't really sex them. i'm 80% sure that 1 is female, as from above it is fatter than the others, and then i think i have 2 males, but then there's one i'm not sure about. it seems fatter than the males, but thinner than the female. but when i look at them from the side, there are 3 shallower ones, and 1 longer, taller one. the one that i'm pretty sure is female is a lot chunkier than the others, so i think i have 1 female and 3 male. so i'll try to get 1 more male, and 1 more female.

Most reactions

Back