Whats wrong with my Zebra Danio

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

nemo20

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
One of my zebra danio's has very large stomach i thought it may be pregnant but it has developed what it looks like cracks on its stomach and the little fin things have a tinge of red at where they join onto stomach?? I dont understand!!! :-(

Are scales sticking out like a pinecone can the fish maintain it's balance in the water, try a shelled pea to make sure it isn't constipation,add some salt to the tank if you have no scaless fish, also what do you feed the fish.

What do i do with the shelled pea? They dont looks like pine cones!
I feed my fish tropical food flakes...

Put some peas in boiling water for a few minutes,remove cool them down then pop out of the shell, squeeze in between fingers then add to the tank, to many dry foods can cause, swim bladder,dropsy and consipation they need a varied diet of veg,frozen, plus flakes, good luck.

this happend to min e to it suvived dont worry so hopefullly yours does to saddly mine was cause by over feeding it my brother nocked the how container in and they all went crazy!!!!!!!!!

dwarf-puffers said:
this happend to min e to it suvived dont worry so hopefullly yours does to saddly mine was cause by over feeding it my brother nocked the how container in and they all went crazy!!!!!!!!!
Oh not so good!! They would of enjoyed it though!!!! But thanks anyway, i just hope they dont die, i have cut down on there food, but how much flakes do you actually give per fish??? :dunno:

Most reactions

Back