What is the cheapest way to upgrade my lighting??

-_- I called 2 of the 3 distributors. One didn't have a clue what to tell me but gave me the name of a store an hour away from me that carries perfecto products, but has never ordered the double bright light strip. I might call them. The other gave me the address of a store but didn't know the phone number. I looked it up and called and she said she didn't know how much it would cost to order it. "I have no idea-I'd have to look it up. Do you have any other questions?". Umm yeah LOOK IT UP! I gave up and decided I won't shop there ever. So I called the local store to see if they could get it (that's where I got my original setup) and she says oh you have to talk to xxx and puts the phone down. I hear xxx say get her info and I'll call her back and the first lady gets back on the phone and says oh xxx is already gone for the day. I didn't realize she had left. Ummm I just heard her talking to you. Oh well so much for service-I might just order it online at the one place I found that carries it. Pets warehouse or something like that.

Your local petSmart should have both the perfecto glass hood and the perfecto double strip light. Oh and hold on a second.....

***starts shuffling through file cabnet looking for BigAl's receipt..... No that's the one for the canopy and stand for the 55..........scratches head, asks fiance when she comes in room and gives the "look" about being on the computer talking about fish again........fumbles through some more papers, starting to cuss under his breath......finally throws hands up in disgust and returns to computer***

I have the all-glass double strip light on my 29 gallon and it is 40 watts total. I would still check the home depot because I think you can get a very similar "non-aquarium" light fixture for considerably less money.

Wish I could help more

***feels fiance glaring again*** :rofl:

:lol: I called the closest petsmart, which is an hour away, and they only carry All-Glass in their store for both hoods and strip lights. I am going to Home Depot on sunday and will see if they have something I can use.

HA! This is perfect. I got a call from the lfs the next day saying they had the double bright strip light (which is what perfecto calls theirs) and it was 59.99. I figured it must be that because I saw the all-glass one for $38.99 at several places and the perfecto that I saw online was around $47. So I go and it's the all-glass one and she is charging $59.99 for it. I call today (because the owner wasn't there yesterday) and she says oh it's fine-they just tell you it won't fit because they want you to use their brand.

Umm...lady I know I how to research my stuff. According to petsmart and all-glass their light is 5-1/2" wide and my hood has a 4-1/2" wide place to put a light. There is no other room for any overlap. It won't fit.

Sigh. I guess I'm going to order it online after all.

Most reactions

Back