What is a wild banpeaw?

BrookeLea

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I found this guy on AquaBid..
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auc...aswt&1117573601

I've never heard of this kind of betta before. Can anyone tell me anything about him, and if you think it would be a good idea to get him? I've just purchased two other fish from this seller, and she said that I could have any other fish that I wanted from her for free. I like this guy, I'm just not sure about him..

from what i can gather Banpeaw is a district (city?) in thailand located fairly close to Bangkok ... gorgeous fish!

otherwise known as "mahachai" plakad.
they are sometimes called banpeaw because of the location where there have been found. please don't crossbreed fish like this as they are pretty enough as is ;)

Thanks everybody! He's mine, now. And bkk, I don't plan on crossbreeding him. I agree that these guys are beautiful enough already. I more than likely won't breed him at all. I'll have him in a week or two!

abstract said:
what exactly makes it a "mahachai"?
Species :)
It is not a Betta splendens, like most of the bettas we're used to, but a wild species.

Oh. you have started bid on it. :) Cool. !!! Get a female too so he got a companion. :) Email the seller and he will give you a discount price since you buying the male. I know this seller. I just got a pair of platinum white doubletail pair and he gave me discount too.
;)

Most reactions

Back