What are the rarest hybrids you have kept?

It's been 4 months since my last comment in the hybrid section. Question of the day: What is the rarest fish hybrids you have kept?
Hello. I'd have to say the rarest fish I've kept is an "Orange Saddle" Corydoras. The fish has a tan colored body with one orange strip down the middle. it's a very striking fish. I've seen some Corries that are similar on the internet, but never one like these. I understand there are 163 different varieties. Maybe this one would make 164.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Well, there are some hybrids that I like that I worked on. Those are molly x guppy, Micropoecilia picta x endler, Micropoecilia picta x guppy, Micropoecilia parae x endler, Poecilia caucana x Poecilia salvatoris. Well, I won't include the guppy x endler crosses nor the swordtail x platy crosses.

Hello. I'd have to say the rarest fish I've kept is an "Orange Saddle" Corydoras. The fish has a tan colored body with one orange strip down the middle. it's a very striking fish. I've seen some Corries that are similar on the internet, but never one like these. I understand there are 163 different varieties. Maybe this one would make 164.

10 Tanks (Now 11)
Wow! What did it breed with to make it a hybrid?

Alex. I got the fish from a local independent fish store several years ago. I was told the store does business with several local people who breed fish. But, that's all the owner could tell me. This was several years ago and the store is still in business. They have a lot of fish you won't find in the chain fish stores.

10 Tanks (now 11)

All hybrids are rare in my tanks - so rare it's been 30+ years since I had one. But any hybrid is rare if it's just happened. If it's sold in stores, it isn't a rarity. These things are mass produced.

Hello Gary. The local "Mom and Pop" fish stores are rare. Where I live, we're fortunate to have one. They're able to deal with local fish keepers and so the fish they get in are actually quite rare. For these small, local fish stores, the term "Mass Produced" really means they might get 20 to 30 of these hybrids at most. A dozen is more realistic. So, the fish really are rare.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back