Water Tests

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Michelle4474

Reaction score
I was just wondering how often I should test my water. I bought a test kit so I can do it at home. But I just started cycling my 75 gal tank and have 10 fish and 8 baby mollies. So I really just wanna know how often I should be testing the water. Last test I did was on Sunday and results were good.

Sounds like you are doing a fish cycle. I would test every other or every third day until it is cycled. Once it is cycled, weekly testing should be fine until you become more accustomed to the behavior of your fish.

I rarely do water tests, I can usually tell if something is not quite right by observing the behavior of the fish. If I think something isn't quite right, water tests are done,

Sounds like you are doing a fish cycle. I would test every other or every third day until it is cycled. Once it is cycled, weekly testing should be fine until you become more accustomed to the behavior of your fish.

I rarely do water tests, I can usually tell if something is not quite right by observing the behavior of the fish. If I think something isn't quite right, water tests are done,

I pretty much agree with Tolak. My only difference is that when in the midst of a cycle, I usually check every night. Keep a bottle of Amquel+ on hand just in case the spikes get out of hand. I"ve saved many a fish during cycles by using this stuff. Yeah, it may slow the cycle a bit, but the fish survive.

You will, over time, get to "know" your fish. If you see a sudden change in their behavior or habits, test water.

Good Luck :p

Most reactions

Back