Water again?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Shaydensmom

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Again, I'm sure you guys answered that question to a hundred or more newbies- but I would like to aks again!

Somebody (not here) told me that Reverse-Osmosis-Water is bad for fish. Well I do have a RO-System at my house, wich filters out 97 % of all impurities Tab-Water has, plus it is very soft! Shouldn't treated and aged RO-Water be just as good , maybe even better since the water is not so hard??? If no- why?

I do work with Tab-Water, and the readings are good, just the hardness of the water is always at a maximum :( My Betta does fine in it and my Ghost-Shrimps still manage to shed their skin, but can that be so good in the long run (hard water)?

The porblem most people have with R/O is that when it is filtered it takes out nutrients as well, but if it's just for a betta I know they would love it, at work I use R/O on all the Bettas.

R/O water is the best. You have to use it if you ever started a marine tank.

Yeah, I use RO Water too. THe RO system takes out the bad stuff as well as the good (needed) stuff. Kent makes a supplement that you add to the water. Ask your lfs.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back