Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Wanted:
Item Wanted: 200W heater
Condition Required: used
Price Limit: borrow
Picture or Link to Item N/a

hi all

i am setting up a tank for my mother in law and need to borrow 200watt heater to get the tank up and running. when its all ready i will put the heater which is in her old tank in the new tank and send back the borrowed heater. i can;t see the point in buying one as it wont get used once the tank is setup.

i can pay a deposit of anyone is willing to lend me one. and then when i send it back send the deposit back to me.

anyone willing to do this? i would like to get it by the weekend and then i can send the heater back to you mid-next week.

thanks in advance
steve

i'm in hampshire. i don;t want to have to buy one as we already have one in the old tank that we will be using. if i bought another one i would have one sitting around not being used.

ok i see what you mean but it might come in handy one dow you never know im sorry ive not got a spare one at the mo mate i just know of places i can get them cheap i can get second hand ones 150w for a £5 too (previously used by the lfs in show tanks)

sorry i couldn't help you out mate

where are you in Hants i've several i'm not using

i'm in basingstoke. where abouts are you?

Sorry but why don't you just take the filter, heater, water and fish from the old tank and put them straight into the new tank, and then just top up the tank with freshwater ?

Leave the old and new filters runnning together for a month or so and then remove the old filter once the new one is cloned

can;t do that as there are fish still in the old tank and need to get the new one running at temp before transferring them over

can;t do that as there are fish still in the old tank and need to get the new one running at temp before transferring them over

yes you just add them and the water they are in straight into the new tank ??

Its just a 'tank transfer' and can be done in an hour or two

ah ok thanks, i didn't thimk i could just do that. i've picked up the heater ricefish has kindly lent me so i've that in there over night and i'll do what you suggest tomorrw. thanks to you both.

I did a 'tank transfer' last night.
Built all the new tank, emptied some water into a fish bucket, stuck in a heater & the filter & fish, stuck a syphon in the old tank, put the tube end in the other tank, removed all the water, moved the filter & heater into the new tank, topped up with warmish water, moved the fish into their new tank.
( Also took some of the gravel substrate & placed it under the sand substrate in the new tank, at the back where the plants & ornaments cover most of the substrate) :)
just to help the filter with its new home,
Edited because of spelling :lol:

all sorted now. fish and water transfered and all very happy. thanks.

Most reactions

Back