Wanted Small Light For Hexagon Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

i have an arcadia arc pod (11watt) and it is 30 cm long, just check it will fit and then i will see if we can get somewhere. i can only accept cash through the post as i dont have pay pal.

im looking for £15+p+P

Hi,

I don't know if this helps but I got a light for my hex tank (which looks the same as the one in the link) in pets@home. I think it was an Arcadia light measures about 6 inches in length and cost about £11.

Leanne

Bump

lol been to my local pets at home (blackheath) and they have none in stock for at least 2 weeks damm lol
i have tried the internet and a few lfs and cant find it,
help!!! lol

Bump

lol been to my local pets at home (blackheath) and they have none in stock for at least 2 weeks damm lol
i have tried the internet and a few lfs and cant find it,
help!!! lol
the 9 watt is £21 in my P@H and the 11 watt £2 in my P@H

i can still sell you mine if you wish, for a humble £10+P+P

i have a small 5-6 inch light that you can have for 10 pounds plus p&p

here are some pics of it on my old tank i also have a small heater

DCFC0010.jpg

DCFC0009.jpg

DCFC0004.jpg

DCFC0003.jpg

DCFC0002.jpg

DCFC0001.jpg

hi guys thanks for the offers but i have looked at the arc pod lights and they wont fit in the lid of the tank, what im after is like a fitment that takes the small pygmy bulbs they are about £11-12 at pets at home when there in stock.
im going to anothe place tomorrow to try and get it so hopefully i will find it thanks x

hi me again been to pets at home and they have said that they have been discontinued :grr: but he has recomended a LED strip light that he says is bright enough for this tank and will fit in the lid, have not seen it yet its being delivered to the store tomorrow.
i have never used LED lights before, are they any good and are they bright enough to light the tank, im not worried about it lighting plants or anything just to look nice lol its going to be a betta tank once itys all cycled what do people think? will it be ok?

hi me again been to pets at home and they have said that they have been discontinued :grr: but he has recomended a LED strip light that he says is bright enough for this tank and will fit in the lid, have not seen it yet its being delivered to the store tomorrow.
i have never used LED lights before, are they any good and are they bright enough to light the tank, im not worried about it lighting plants or anything just to look nice lol its going to be a betta tank once itys all cycled what do people think? will it be ok?
LED's are Ok, arc pods havent been discontinued, the interpet compact T5's have and if your after those types of fittings, you want an arc pod

Tina
If memory serves, the arc pod has a clamp fitting to hold it to the glass - the hood of your tank is plastic I guess, so if there is not any cut-outs already, then you could make your own to make space for the pod light. LEDs are good because they don't produce any heat, not sure how much the arc pod produces, but the pygmy bulb would have produced lots of heat which is not good on a small tank as you would end up with highs and lows with the tank temperature.
HTH
Martin

Hi for some reason, it wont let me pm you, please could you pm me ref the light i sent you photos of so that i may reply.

thanks hun. xx

Hey Nudzy it wont let me P.M you hun
anyway i never recieved any photos hun but im still very interested in your light just tell me a price hun, you wont believe the hassle iv had just to get this silly lamp lol Tina x x

hi and a big thank you to Nudzy who had the perfect light just what i was looking for x x

Most reactions

Back