Want To Get Some Females For My Swordtail

poopsydrew

"CodeMonkey"
Reaction score
Hey all,
I have a male tiger swordtail (which i am thinking is probably a hybrid of some other swordtails) I am wanting to get 2 or 3 females for him, but cant seem to find any his color since he is probably hybrid. My question is what kind of female swordtail species will go with him? any help is much appreciated. Also, while i am at it, i am having trouble getting him to eat flaked food, i am slightly worried because he only eats the bloodworms now, but this is not a good diet for him to be on and i want to be able to feed him flake food so he gets proper nutrition. Any advice?

Drew

Their about 25 types of wild swordtail's (Xiphophorus) and in the species of swordtail (Xiphophorus helleri) their is 100's of different type's of colour forms, but all these will happily breed together as their the same species.

If got these from a shop then their just a colour form and will breed with any other shop swordtail.

How ever get a clearish pic and post it, and then move to the livebearere section.

You could also use plattys if your looking to develope some unique coloration.

And iv found orange swords to be the more hardy if your looking for somthing hard to kill.

I have never heard of a tiger swordtail before, a picture would be excellent if possible.

You could also use plattys if your looking to develope some unique coloration.

And iv found orange swords to be the more hardy if your looking for somthing hard to kill.

I have never heard of a tiger swordtail before, a picture would be excellent if possible.
probably just a common name from the store....it is black with hints of green and blue throughout tail and his body. I will try to get a pic for you guys....Thanks a lot to everyone for clearing that up.

Drew

Most reactions

Back