Uv Sterilizers

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Whitey

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
This new release, the v2 Ultra-violet sterilizer is seriously on my shopping list come end of the month but i have just one question?

Iv never had any experience using one of these and to be honest never heard about them untill the recent weeks and how do you set them up? It says connect to your water supply, does that mean filter, air pump, etc?

Coz i have an external filter and cant see how that would work? It cant be an airpump as it wouldnt be a cycle, so how on earth do you set this damn thing up!?

v2ecton-uv-small.jpg
:crazy:

You cut one of the supply pipes either to or from your filter and fit the UV unit in there.

i.e. like this;

Filter > output pipe > UV unit - one end > UV unit - other end > output pipe > tank (spraybar or whatever)

All the UV unit really is is just a pipe with a light bulb inside, surrounded by another pipe through which your tank water flows being exposed to UV radiation along the way.

There's a couple of threads all about this on the Hardware forum

I think all the 'V2' fuss is just about the fact Vectron seem to be using a compact bulb here instead of the 12" tube in the original units (one of which I have by the way - well recommended). Smaller 'footprint' so to speak.

i believe the V2 unitc can accept a higher flow rate.

Most reactions

Back