Urgent Help

Guru

Reaction score
Im very new to all this and need some urgent help

2 weeks ago i got 2 Red Wagtail Platys (both female) and 2 Male Guppies for my first Aquarium

1 of the Male Guppies died after 5 days, probably from the stress of the water transaction i was told

Anyway tonight after returning home tonight from a football game, 1 of my Platys has gone missing, its gone. The only explination is that it has sadly died and the other 2 remaining fish hav eaten it as it is neither floating at the surface or laying at the bottom of the tank as i found the Guppy.

And as i was searching for it i hav noticed now i hav a few fry in my tank aswell, not sure how old they are but have only just noticed them 30 mins ago they are about 3-4mm long, so 1 of the Platys that i bought must of been pregnant when purchased. Wot do i do?

and wot happend to my other Platy?

Help Urgently Requested

Someone will ask so I may as well. What are you water specs? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph. Is your tank cycled and do you use dechlorinator?

Not sure wot my water specs are i got my water tested a week after i first put my fish in and the guy said that everything was going ok and that the water transaction shud b completed in another week (this Wednesday) and yes i did use a dechlorinator

hmm. You should get yourself some testing kits. I would guess that your fish may be suffering from the cycling process. If you don't understand what that is check out the beginner section (lots of great pinned topics there). Personally I would do daily water changes of 25%. Some say this can slow the process down but I've never experienced that. I would also not keep the temp to high because that makes ammonia more toxic.

Yes it sounds like the cycling has took it's toll on the fish, guppys are not very good to cycle with as they are a fragile fish and easily prone to desease, if you have no test kits take a sample of your water to the lfs and tell them to write the results down,for now I would do a water change and add some salt to the tank to help them with the nitrites.

Most reactions

Back