Trying to find Eco-Complete

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mandi

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I was planning to buy eco-complete substrate for my 5.5 tank I'm working on. Sadly, I discovered that NOWHERE around me carries it!

So I decided to order it online, though I didn't really want to because I figured something like that would be expensive to ship.

Anyway, I've ordered from DrsFosterSmith.com before -- the cost on there for 1 bag is $17.99 + 12.49 shipping = $30.48

I found it cheaper at BigAlsOnline.com (never ordered from there, but I've heard good things about them) -- $17.99 + 5.75 shipping = $23.74.

Can anyone else suggest other places online I could check to compare prices?

Or, for that matter, is eco-complete really worth it?
I'm planning to do a nice planted tank, I got a small CO2 system and everything, so I really would like to get a nice substrate.

Thx in advance! :)

It's usually $27.99 at the LFS. There were three fish stores that I went to that had it and all of them sell it for that price. So it doesn't get much better than a delivery to your door for $23.

I have eco-complete, and it looks great in my tank. I couldn't ask for anything better. It really brings out the colors of the fish and the plants. It's bimodal, in that it's like a combination of sand and gravelish chunks, which looks good, and it's good for plant roots. besides, it doesn't require rinsing or anything. It's very clean. Defenitely worth it for a small aquarium. This is what it looks like:

cryptlutea.jpg

Wow that looks spectacular! :wub:

I'm officially sold! ;) Thanks for the advice. I think I'll place my order tomorrow morning!

Thanks for that pic, looks like your plants are doing great! :) Never seen eco-complete before, now I know what it looks like...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back