trout

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

boris321

Reaction score
:fun: hi has anbody ever kept trout in the garden pond I came home from local fishfarm with a 2lb trout and endedup putting it in the garden pond Its still going strong 2 months later It feeds on cheese and pellets Im not sure if its the best pond to keep trout the ponds 200 gallon with a small box filter My Webpage

I'm pretty sure that trout are river dwellers and not found naturaly in ponds
I think that you should either eat it(after all it is a game fish)
or return it to a river

I have heard of them being kept in ponds but its very rare. Which species do you have? How big was this fish when it was purchased? Do you have any plans for upgrading? What else is in the pond? :)

He does look a little outofplace swimming with goldfish
He is a 2lb cannadian blue trout The local fishfarm supply them to the army to do survival coarses in north uk They set them free in a dammed river and dinnamite them maybe i should just make him into a sallad?

hi y`all
trout can be kept in ponds but not the garden variety unless you got exellent water circulation ,most ponds in the wild are spring fed and constantly recycle the water,a few cases of fish in still ponds are due to herons dropping eggs after feeding on the parent

i can think of better ways to catch em than dynamite lol but hey if it works why not
wonder if my local lake will allow me to give it a go ? :rofl: :rofl:

im happy tosay i released the trout in my local rivermy pond is suffering with bad green water downto the heatwaveI WAS THINKING OFF PUTTING HIM ON THE BARBEQUE BUT HAD SECOND THOUGHTS

kind of the Simpsons episode wereHomer raises that lobster then eats it when it's big :D

Get a UVC unit for your pond, I did and its worked wonders :thumbs:

boris321 said:
im happy tosay i released the trout in my local rivermy pond is suffering with bad green water downto the heatwaveI WAS THINKING OFF PUTTING HIM ON THE BARBEQUE BUT HAD SECOND THOUGHTS
Was it a rainbow (I reckon it was:) ):
rainbow-trout.jpg

Or a brownie:
salmo_trutta3.jpg

The rainbows are not native to britain, I'm not sure if there are implications for releasing "aliens" into the river systems.

paul_v_biker said:
kind of the Simpsons episode wereHomer raises that lobster then eats it when it's big :D
Yes, that is exactly what came to mind, pinchy was his name! The way he ate it at the end saying amidst sobs"pinchy would have wanted it this way" and then a huge mouthful and umm so good and then more sobbing... Amazing program!

Yeh that was a great episode, aint seen the simpsons fro ages now :(

I was cathcing small trout when I was on holiday in the local river, although I couldn't catch the bigger ones, i was just wading with a net!!

Most reactions

Back