Tiger barbs How to get rid of them

Chaos bringer

Reaction score
I do not want to kill them but they attack my other fish. so far they have killed 3 angels and 4 platys there are three of them and i cant take them back to the shop or afford a new tank. They can not be returned to the shop as the shop keeper denys selling them.

take them to another shop near you you live in buxton right

how big is your tank you could always buy more then the fighting would be between themself oh by the way you should have not put tiger with angels as they have a tendencie to fin nip

Stapeley Water Gardens - Nantwich, nr Crewe MY FAVE
Variety - 7

natwich anit that far from you is it

the reason they are aggressive is that you only have 3,
add at least 3 more and the aggression will dissipate, provided the tank is suitable of course.

I have 10 Tigers with my 2 Angelfish and they don't seem to bother the Angelfish. Like Wolf said, having only 3 is not enough.

The-Wolf said:
add at least 3 more and the aggression will dissipate, provided the tank is suitable of course.
Yeah, but they are genrally really agressive anyway.

The bigger the school, the more likely they keep the aggression amongst themselves.

LoachLover said:
The-Wolf said:
Which is why my school is 14 strong; I have no issues with aggression.

LoachLover said:
The-Wolf said:
I aggree with loach lover. I would rather just get rid of the 3 tigers then trying to fill a tank up with a fish they dont like just to reduce aggression.

Cherry Barbs might be better for you, they're active without being aggressive.

I had 4 tiger barbs with my platies and they pretty much left each other alone until one of the barbs died. then they started fin nipping the platties and eating the the plattie fry! add another barb and it all stopped again. But they like their space and enough long/tall foliage to hide in!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back