Thorichthys Ellioti & Thorichthys Meeki

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
I have accidentally got eggs from these two (I was told they were both male) is this a a really bad mix or not as they are both Thorichthys?

It's just basically polluting the species, fry should be perfectly healthy.

Do the hobby a favour and don't sell/give the fry to an LFS.

Save some for yourself and share them with friends by all means (as long as you are very clear about the fact they are hybrids, and trust the person to keep them to themselves), otherwise, use the fry as feeders or preferably dont let the eggs hatch.

tree finger is right do not sell those fry, or else you are going to pollut the species. keep them for your self or use the fry as feeder fish (not while the parents are around unless you'd like to feel some pain). show as some pics mate.

Most of the eggs turned white I have a few hatched, 3 people wanting some that will keep them the rest i am keeping.

Most of the eggs turned white I have a few hatched, 3 people wanting some that will keep them the rest i am keeping.

I would be interested to see what they turn out like though the parent fish are very similar so probably like the ellioti with maybe some of the firemouth facial markings.

I must admit I am rather excited to see what they look like, thats if any survive. I have switched the Elliottis so I should have two of the same sex in the main tank now, but I now have the RTBS posturing and displaying at the firemouth. Thats a cross I dont want lol

Most reactions

Back