Thinking About ...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Ah, I see. Makes sense. Still sorry you lost one though. Hopefully your angelfish continue to behave for you as well!

my angels are very well behaved as angels go. They've always been kept with smaller fish since they were babies themselves so they don't see them as food - that doesn't mean though that I'd add anything small enough to be swallowed in one go like these new harlequins. They are really small this time around and the angels could just swallow them in one go. This is why I'm keeping them in with my baby cories until they double in size at least. Once they get there I'll feed my main tank something meaty like bloodworms and then add the new one's. Hopefully they'll just join the existing shoal and the angels won't notice ... if they are full of bloodworms that will help! 

today I added the new harlequins that I got a few weeks ago to my main tank. I think my shoal is now complete. The effect is stunning ... unfortunately my camera skills don't do it justice

006_zpsi0ba9xtw.jpg

:)

Lovely, always nice to see a shoal of a nice specie. You undoubtly will see differences in their behaviour over th enext few weeks, subtle but noticable ;)

there was a little bit of bullying of the new four to begin with but it soon settled. To begin with the tetra's we bullying aswell as the existing harley's but then the lights went out for the day until coming back on at 4pm and in that black-out time they seem to have settled. They're all huddled together this evening and the tetra's are ignoring them now .... and more importantly so are the angels.

In a week or two I won't be able to tell which are new and which are old. I've not been able to count them but I think there's 21 or 22 in total now. As fish go these will always be part of my tank now. I love em! As the older one's die they'll be replaced for sure

Most reactions

Back