Tempting pleco

Reaction score
Saw some green plecs, L200, in the lfs today. According to planet catfish they only grow to 6-7". But... when my tank's fully stocked, as far as plecs go, I've only room for a couple of bristlenoses. They were absoultely gorgeous fish though :nod: - maybe one day I can set up more tanks! :)

I saw one today aswell and I was very very tempted but they were to expensive with the other fish I brought. But if they are still there next time I will not hesitate I also saw some L46 but at 110 I decided against it.

how much were the 46's up for??

where abouts too? (your in the UK arn't you.)

Yep I am in the UK and they were goin for 110 pounds which is very high even for Zebra Plecs, I can get them for 45 and 65 in other shops so I will wait until they come in there.

As a matter of interest, if I had two smallish bristlenoses, would another plec like the L200 go in the tank in my sig as well? Not that I'm thinking of it of course :D

waterwatereverywhere said:
As a matter of interest, if I had two smallish bristlenoses, would another plec like the L200 go in the tank in my sig as well? Not that I'm thinking of it of course :D
What other bottom dwellers are there, sounds fine providing the bottom of the tank isn't over stocked.

I was planning to add a fourth oto, though they're not exactly bottom feeders. Apart from the plecs, I'd like a shoal of half a dozen corys. No other bottom feeders on the list.

waterwatereverywhere said:
I was planning to add a fourth oto, though they're not exactly bottom feeders. Apart from the plecs, I'd like a shoal of half a dozen corys. No other bottom feeders on the list.
Sounds like quite a few bottom dwellers but it should be fine prviding each Plec had a cave or some bogwood to reside in/on.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back