Tank Stand

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I have a 4 foot florescent lamp with 2 lights that I am going to use over my 55 gallon tank. I hung it on hooks and made a wood surround that keeps it in place and stops any light leakage from the sides and front. It hangs off the wall with brackets so that I can remove it with ease, both the hood and light are independent of the tank. The filter on the 30 and the 55 use the same filter cartridges, so I am going to transfer the filter cartridge from the 30 to the 55 along with the gravel, plants and water with the addition of 25 gallons of water to bring it up to level. Then  I can put the female guppies in the 30 and start separating the male fry out and into the 55 with the adult males. 

Attachments

• aquarium hood cover #1.jpg
    aquarium hood cover #1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 127
  • aquarium hood cover #2.jpg
    aquarium hood cover #2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 110
  • aquarium hood cover #3.jpg
    aquarium hood cover #3.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 131
started this morning at 10 am by removing the fish from the 30 gallon tank, then most of the water and the plant, I washed the gravel to clean it of much of its muck, just with cold dechlorinated water. I reserved 90% of the water and added more to bring it up to level in the 55 gallon tank. It also gave me the chance to remove most of the snails that had populated the tank. Took me to 2 pm to get it finished.  Anyone with experience with the aqueon heaters, I put mine in the tank as suggested for 30 minutes to get it used to the water, the light has not come on. It is brand new, so if it does not work, I will be exchanging it for another one.

Attachments

• 55 gallon tank set up.jpg
    55 gallon tank set up.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 129

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back