Taking fish home

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kirsty

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Normally me and my boyfriend would go to the fish shop together, one would drive and the other carry the fish.
But only one of us can go tomorrow to pick up our new edition, so whats the best way to get him home? I dont want him rolling around in ther car.

How far are you travelling? I usually put my new fish on the passenger seat, lodged between a couple of things that I find in the car. Make sure that the fish are in an opaque bag so that they travel in the dark.

it will be about 30 - 45 minutes, mainly down the motorway

would it be ok to rest the bag in a box of towels or something to stop it moving around?

yes that'll be fine; just put your fish in a sturdy box which towels in it and they'll fine- just make sure that they're completely in the dark so they'll be less stressed on the journey. The towels will also help keep their transport bag warm too :thumbs: .

Yes. Or bring a small cooler, then it will be dark, which is a comfort to the fish, and the temp will be more stable.

I use a insulated 6 pack cooler, It has a zippered lid and a handle. If the lfs doesnt have the fish I wanted I fill it with what it was designed for on the way home :rofl:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back