sympthom of dropsy?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

archfry

Reaction score
I found one of my female guppies really bloated last night but she seemed fine otherwise so I assumed it was overeating. But now her scales are badly pineconed and she hanging on the bottom a lot. Can her scales get pineconed from extreme over bloating or does she have (very sad) dropsy? :(

Sad to say the last stage of dropsy there isn't much you can do now, I would suggest you don't let the fish die in the tank, as dropsy can pass on to others if they try to eat her as there is fluid in her.

I ended up euthanizing her since she was in death throes by then and cleaned the tank water today. So far the remaining fish seem okay.

10g:
male guppy
female guppy
male molly
black tetra
plecostmus

bowl
male betta

bowl
shubukin goldfish

i'm surprised it was such a sudden thing. Two of my fish have had dropsy before but it was more of a gradual thing. In fact, one of them lived for over a month since the first signs of "pineconing." At first it was just slight and by the end it was very noticable.

anyway, sorry bout your fish :byebye:

If she had sypthoms before I may have not noticed since she had babies a couple weeks before right after I bought her. I'm still new to a community aquarium

Most reactions

Back