STOCKING OKAY?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

happyadd

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey I have a 15G Hex, which has been cycled for over a month.

I have:

6 Neons
1 Oto
2 Rams

The tank is well planted and latest readings are:

Amm: 0.00
Nitrite: 0.00
Nitrate: 25
Ph: 7.00

Could I add a few more small tetras, or maybe a beta? There seems to be plenty of space as the rams live on the bottom and the neons live in the middle. The neons have grown very quickly, the rams are still small.

What you think ppl?

Id deffinatley stop there. You could maybe add a few neons. But thats about your limit. I wouldnt add a betta. He could be prone to Nipping. :)

I feed once every other day and vary between flake and frozen.

In the books it says that rams prefer live,which is probably true. I know for a fact that my Rams were reared on flake foods. They eat whatever I put in to be honest. They aren't very good at getting food though, the neons always get in there first while my rams spend most of their time hiding behind bogwood. So I break some flakes up real fine and leave some as they come. The large ones fall to the bottom and the rams get it.

I notice they spend alot of time after feeding roaming around picking of the floor and plants.

I also throw a bit of cucumber in for the oto, which the rams seem to feed on, I think this is quiet unusual though..

I think I may leave my stocking for a while, and maybe add a few more tetras if I feel like it can cope!

oto? oops missed that :rolleyes:

Anything between mr. miagis post and mine then should be OK, also depends on what filtration you have as well ho often you do water changes

Katchan

I haven't had much success with otos but they are schooling fish and you should probably add a couple more of those if you are going to add more.

Yes, I agree, if you want to add more fish it should be a couple more otos.

Most reactions

Back