FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

oldskool

Reaction score
Hi ya,

any suggestions on what would go well with my current fish

1 have ten platys - 2 dwarf gourami - 1 red finned black shark and 3 gouramis

I have a 39 gallon tank temperature 75-76 ph around 6.9

the platys are all 1 inch long - the gouramis are 3" long each the shark is 2" long and the dwarfs are 1.1/2" long each total fish inchs 24"

many thanks

The swordtails look to much like my platies - as I have 10 I was kind of looking for something a bit different - as for mollies i am not over keen on those either - sorry - but thanks for your time anyway - nice that you took time to answer my post.

regards

Dave

hoe about a few threadfinned rainbow fish :thumbs:
or, and I hate to say this guppies :sick:

Nothing wrong with guppys but try to avoid the long tailed fancy ones as they don't do well in large or strongly filtrated tanks due to having being bred in small tanks for years upon years, they don't have enough strength in their tails to survive well in large tanks and often suffer from tail splitting.
I would suggest somthing nice to patrol the bottom of your tank like corys or khuli loachs- there are many types available, but only if you have sand instead of gravel in your tank :thumbs:

Thank you for your reply - the thredfin rainbow fish are lovely - just what i am looking for - only trouble now is to find a local stockist who has a couple!

:crazy:

I have an inch of Gravel at the front - slopping to 2 inches at the back - 8 well established plants and 3 single rocks and 3 rocks together - it is begining to look a real picture - once I get a camera with a decent zoom lens I will post some pics

thanks to all who reply

Dave :cool:

I wouldn't add anything right now actualy. The shark will get to 6", the platies might get to just over an inch, up to 1.5". The dwarf gouramies will probably stay about the size they are now but your other gouramies (what kind are they?) May get up to 8" (kissing), 7" (moonlight), 6" (three-spot/blue/gold/platinum/cosby/opaline etc), 5" for pearls, 3-4" for banded and thick-lipped, 1.5" for honeys. So, actualy, you are slightly overstocked if you go by the inch per gallon guideline (which BTW applies to full ADULT fish sizes - not their current sizes).

^I'd agree. I love my Gourmis! Some people say their ugly, but I'd have to disagree. It really depends on your taste.

Most reactions

Back