Stocking help

blueturq

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have some questions and was hoping you fine folks can help me out. :)

I am possibly getting a 37 gallon high (us gallons) hopefully soon!

The dimensions are:

Length: 30.25 inches

Width: 12.5 inches

Height: 22.75 inches

So basically a 29 gallon with a little more height :)

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to stock it with.

If it helps, I like Tetras, Barbs (mainly cherry and gold), livebearers and Rainbowfish (especially dwarf neon and turquoise, among others!)

Also, would a small school maybe 3 Turquoise Rainbowfish get too large for a 37 gal?

Would a small school of gold barbs (5-6) get too large for a 37 gal, are they even peaceful?

Sorry for all of the questions :/ , I just want to have a nice community tank, but need some help to get on the right track. I have been doing some research on the internet and in books aswell, so I know that my tank needs to be cycled first :book:

turquoise rainbows are too big they get around 4" each and need a longer tank id say

but you could have a school of gold barbs in there and yes they are peace full

anything else in mind?

Neon rainbows will be ok though and can give some fantastic colours as they flash round the tank. There is a pic of one of mine in the link in my sig.

Jon

wow that was fast! :D

What about for the 37 gal:

2 Keyhole Cichlids (which I will want to move in there anyway, forgot to mention that earlier :()

6 Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish (4 females and 2 males)

4 or 5 Gold Barbs

6 Cherry Barbs

I would really like to add tetras my favs include: Black Neon, Black Skirt, Columbian, Flame, Glowlight, Pristella

But I don't know how many tetra types will get along together, let alone how many I can have in a 37 gallon out of that list. Any suggestions?

I also like those Pearl Danios those are cool, can I have small school of those?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I love Rainbow fish and am currently going through the process of deciding how to stock my tank. In case you haven't already discovered it, thought I'd give you the link to my favourite Rainbow fish site 'The Home of the Rainbowfish':
http://members.optushome.com.au/chelmon/
One interesting point they make here is that it is best (certainly for breeding) to have a shoal ratio of 3 males to 2 females.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back