Starting Again

Alien_spawn

Fishaholic
Reaction score
:D I finally bought 2 females again after being unsuccessful before, was left with 1 male left- going to try Ken's method

Fingers crossed

Its funny.. I saw the german blue rams in my lfs and fell in love so I came home and did all sorts of research on them. I read (and heard on here) about how difficult they are to acclimatize and how fragile they are and all this stuff... but I have had a COMPLETELY different experience with mine. I bought two males and two females because it said they will 'pair off' Two days after having them, my first pair spawned. The next night the other pair spawned. I wasn't expecting them to do this so I wasn't prepared... my cories ate the eggs :-(

But with my experience so far they are extremely easy. They were very easy to acclimatize. This could just be good luck for me. But I'm glad because I am REALLY enjoying them. :D

Alien Spawn if you want a good website on them here ya go. ...

blue rams

My male is chasing the females again bit worried even with lights off all day. Cheers for the site

you could try to,

1, get them more places to hide. less stress on the girls.
2, buy more rams :rolleyes: aggression lowers some when in groups(6+).
3, move some ornaments around. establishes new boundries.

The colours of the two females are slightly lighter than the male I guessing this is to do with stress?

Alien_spawn said:
The colours of the two females are slightly lighter than the male I guessing this is to do with stress?
Yes :nod:

This is kinder the way the other two females were before they died, the male still chases them but not quite as intense. these new females are learning to hide. just a bit worried they will end up same way :(

Most reactions

Back