So Its Begins! The Tank Is Empty And Ready To Go

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

hey seffie, you may be able to help on this as you have the same bulbs as me.

i have been told i dont have to get "juwel" own bulbs as our bulbs are a standard 120cm length,is this true?

hope so im wishing!!! lol

I believe you can replace them with arcadia BUT the juwel high light, marine white gives you 22000 k as opposed, if I remember correctly 14000 for the arcadia - you pays your money and takes your choice :good: i would rather pay the bit extra and put reflectors on to boost the 22000.

Found a lfs yesterday that sells the juwel i bar for our tank for £75 new, bargain - so think that will be coming home with me soon. At the moment I haven't got any fish or corals that like too much light, so just might wait and see

Seffie x

:fish:

so the hi lite bulbs are good then!!

any heads up on a place to get tubes from,thats cheaper?

i need 2 whites and 2 blue's

i was thinking shall i leave the internal juwel filter in,and build a display around it,or take it out?

I have taken mine out and I suspect you will as well - the only reason to leave it in imo would be if you were going to put your heater, lr rubble and rowa in there - but as we both have the 600 the rowa can go in there and if you have a black background and a black heater, the heater barely shows against the background, so no need for that great big box woo hoo.

Yes the hi lights are good imo -

Ok, just had a check for you and the marine white is 15000 k (it's the blue that is 22000 duh!)

http://www.swelluk.com/marine/marine-light...ubes-39626.html

http://www.swelluk.com/marine/marine-light...ubes-55698.html

Buy the reflectors as well - really boosts the light.

I would be tempted to use just two tubes until you have the need to use all four (when you have light loving corals) - that way you will not be replacing four tubes at the same time :good:

I would ask people's opinion on which combo to get - they might suggest 1x blue and 3 x marine white

Seffie x

:fish:

my mate left his in,

got heater, rowa and cheato in there. Hes on about getting rid and sumping it though.

so it begins!!

i have today rehomed my last 2 freshwater fishes,i was gutted,they were my faves!!

i stipped the tank and its now bare,and minus the juwel internal!!!

doing this i scratched the glass abit,not alot,but is there any way of removing the scratches?

i have the 2 powerheads at both rear corners facing in towards the middle of the tank,and i also have my 2 juwel i bars fitted.

i am now wandering do i paint the back of the tank or just use normal background stuff. if painted what paint do you use,and does it come off?

i have to decide now wether to get a small sump,or just use the LR,as ive sold my FX5.

You use tile paint for the back of the tank. It will scrape off with a scraper and paint remover I believe.

If you are worried about having a sump but want the effects of one, you could always fo for a HOB refugium. This could house your protein skimmer too.

I had one on my nano tank, they work very well. I still have it unused but it would be too small for your tank. They have them on ebay, have a search for them.

This way you get extra volume, do not need to worry about an overflow as you pump water into the HOB ref and it drains back into the tank. You get somewhere to grow your chaeto with a light on reverse cycle for pH stability but do not need to drill the tank or rely on an overflow box.

Just an idea for you to mull over.

Most reactions

Back