Snails

eudielynn

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have a 20 gal community tank that I have had one apple snail in for several months. A month or so ago, I took a ramshorn snail out of my betta's tank because I thought maybe the snail waste was causing some fin problems with the betta and put him in the community tank as well. Then about 10 days ago I took another apple snail out of another bettas tank while I was medicating the betta and put the third snail in the community tank for a couple of days. While the two apple snails were in the same tank I saw them mating. The second apple snail has since gone back into his betta's tank.

Last night I found a tiny brown speck on one of the leaves of my fake plant and when I tried to remove it, it held on!!! Then I saw tiny little feelers and it started to move and I realized it was a baby snail.

Now for my question. Can two golden apple snails have a brown baby, or is this the spawn of my brown ramshorn snail? Is there any way to tell for sure? This is the only one I've seen so far.

Thanks!! :)

Apple snails lay a cluch of pink\orange eggs above the water level and baby snails fall of the eggs 4-5 weeks later. So you don't just find babies in your tank. I don't think that your baby snail is an apple snail. Hope i' ve helped. :rolleyes:

I agree with Muse. Have you added any plants recently? that is the most likely source.

Jon

Most reactions

Back