🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Reaction score
Does anyone know why I keep getting these on my tank

Attachments

• 20230505_050044.jpg
    20230505_050044.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 621
Welcome to TFF

Ramshorn snail, hitch hiked into the tank via plants, deco, etc...they breed prolifically

im not sure how it could have got in there because i dont have any fresh plants in there all my plants are artifical ,,its brand new gravel and we clean the filters regular
It's rare, but sometimes when you buy a fish, the store employee can scoop a baby snail up when bagging the fish.

It's rare, but sometimes when you buy a fish, the store employee can scoop a baby snail up when bagging the fish.
Distinct possibility. Or using supplies (nets, etc) between tanks, when one has pest snails...

The snails are you friends, they help keep the biological system working well. They reproduce if they have food. They will help by eating common algae, and breaking down organic matter faster so the bacteria can handle it better.

The snails are you friends, they help keep the biological system working well. They reproduce if they have food. They will help by eating common algae, and breaking down organic matter faster so the bacteria can handle it better.
The great thing about pest snails is that they tell you when you're doing something wrong. If you have a bunch of pest snails, then you either need to control algae or overfeeding.

Does anyone know why I keep getting these on my tank
Hello. If you have snails, you're likely feeding too much. I like a few Rams horn snails. They can get pretty large and I think they look good in the tank. Just back off on the food a little.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Looks like a common pond snail. They hitchhike on plants. I get rid of mine, but I keep my Pink Ramshorn snails.

Attachments

• Snails.jpg
    Snails.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 14

Most reactions

Back