Snail type things

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

shazbutt

Reaction score
Hi I am new on this forum and pretty new to the wonderful world of Guppies. Could anyone please help me with my tank. Over the past week (just as my first babies have arrived) I have got the brown and transparent snail looking things appearing all over my tank, on the glass, on the heater and on the plants. I have recently added 2 net tanks to the top of the tank with Siamese fighters and one siamese figter is swimming free in with the guppies as per instruction from this fish shop, could this have anything to do with it? Any help would be much appreciated.

if you do have snails the best way to get rid of them is to leave a piece of lettuce in your tank overnight and in the morning all the snails would have moved onto the lettuce,simply remove the lettuce along with the snails.

good luck :D

Apart from the info already given about getting rid of the snails, i am very concerned about your tank.

How big is the tank?
how many fish do you have in total and their species/individual numbers?
Have you tested for water stats?
Are the siamese fighters male or female?

I have a strong feeling your tank is not cycled and i would strongly advise you read up on the articles about it around the forum(check out the beginners section) as i you have not cycled the tank you could be heading for some serious issues in your tank.
If you have 2 male siamese fighters this is extremely bad as they will fight each other to the death once they are released and even having one is bad as male siamese fighters have a tendency to kill and eat guppys, particualy if they are colorful.
Having a male and female siamese fighter is also bad because it is very likely they will fight each other even if they appear to get along with at first, they don't tolerate each other for long.

Depending on the tank size, you could have already overstocked it.
Putting the siamese fighters in breeding nets doesn't make a difference if you aclimatised them properly to the tank as if you want to quarentine te fish you need a spare cycled tank for this.

I would go buy a water testing kit that tests for ammonia/nitrAtes/nitrItes ASAP if you havn't already got one and post us the stats and we'll be able to help you more :nod:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back