Smudgers First Tank

good choice, i :wub: sparkling gourami's!!

ummmmm not too sure weather it's shrimp safe, but king british ws3 is the best white spot med available in the UK IMHO so good buy none the less!

They are sooo sweet! I've 1 male and 2 females for sure but i'm undecided on the last one. I'm thinking male because I saw it get near the confirmed male this morning and they both spread their fins and sparkled really brightly. Also heard 2 croaks yesterday which remind me of Newtons cradle balls coming to a stop - very cute!

The shrimp are great as well allthough the littlest one keeps trying to climb into my filter - gets stuck though so seems to have abandoned that for now lol.

Well, I can't find anywhere is WS3 is ok for shrimp and I don't want risk it - had a look on the practical fishkeeping treatment finder and eSHa 2000 + Exit seem to cover everything and are safe for shrimp. May pick some up when I see some :good:

good stuff, while i do think it's good to be prepared, you should bear in mind that medications do have a shelf life so if you don't use them then you may need to throw them away and replace them after 6/12 months. Just worth noting what the dates are on them and updating them periodically.

Ah yes, I hadn't checked the dates actually. Well the plan is to add the fish to the main 240 tank (once FINALLY cycled grr!) a species at a time depending on hardiness, cherrys will go first etc. When all are in I'll get my shoal and plec in the 125 and use it as a QT. I think my outbreak potential will be very high this side of christmas so the eSHa in the cupboard may come in very handy indeed.

I can't decide between dwarf neon rainbows and harlequins for my shoal - any thoughts?

oh man well they're both really lovely fish and I'd be happy recommending either of them.

I think the main difference and probably therefore the thing you'd choose on (apart from looks) is activity levels. Harlequins are quite a calm fish, i think part of their charm is how chilled out they are, the praecox rainbows are much more active and you'll see some interesting sparring behaviour between the males.

Ooo, a relaxed school of Harlequins sounds lovely. My male cherrys are constantly darting around and something a bit more chilled would be perfect! Of course the sparklers are perfectly chilled, i've got a large male called mcdreamy who drifts over to have a look at anyone or anything close to the tank. He makes us laugh becuase you'll be nose to the glass trying to look for a shrimp under the cave and within seconds mcdreamy will slowly drift down directly in front of your face. Aww, sparklers! :wub:

ha ha sounds like the harlequins would be suitable for you then, just depends what you're after really if a tank needs a bit of livening up then the praecox rainbows are perfect :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back