Sleeper Cell

Arfie

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Well I've seen the trailers starting to be broadcast recently and I read a few reviews months ago, but I'd like the opinion of some of the Americans who've seen it (or anyone over here in the UK who's d/l it ;) ) rather than just the opinions of journalists or critics.

The reviews nearly all say it's better than 24, which is tantamount to blasphemy in my book, but if it's even close to being as good and gripping as 24 it'll be worth seeing.

I know it's just been given the green light for a second series, so I suppose it's got to be OK.

Opinions please, is it worth setting the series record button or not?

Arfie

WOW, thanks for the input guys -_- :lol:

Watched it last night and it was superb :good: I'm surprised at an american network having anything to do with this type of subject :blink: but it seems so far to be a great idea, an insight into the minds of the "terrorists" carrying out jihad against the "infidels" :crazy: It's not sensationalised and it's not the usual all american good guy on a white horse coming to save the day (so far!)

For those in the UK, it's on FX channel (Sky 179) on Tuesday night, the 1st one is on again at 9pm and the 2nd one is broadcast at 10pm (also on FX+ 180 at 11pm and 12am!)

I'd recommend it so far :good:

Arfie

I must've missed this when you posted it arfie.
I watched the first episode and thought it certainly has promise.
i shall watch a few more episodes before deciding whether it is better than 24 or not. after one episode it dose seem to be as good.

I've just watched a program about Sleeper Cell, was quite interesting.

The director is a muslim and they are receiving advice from undercover operatives to make it as realistic as possible.

It's also not portraying any religion or beliefs as bad or good, just telling a story, lets hope it continues that way.

Just what I needed though, another can't miss it series :crazy: :lol:

Arfie

FX - ah NCIS, the best show on TV. I didn't get around to Sleeper Cell, but I have to say, I don't think I am open minded enough to want to hear about "religious warriors" or "heroes of faith". I just keep seeing "terrorist".

I didn't get around to Sleeper Cell, but I have to say, I don't think I am open minded enough to want to hear about "religious warriors" or "heroes of faith". I just keep seeing "terrorist".

Then you definately should try it.

Arfie

Most reactions

Back