Single Low Wattage Ballast (T8 Or T5)

Livewire88

Team TetraTEC
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Hi,

I need to buy a low wattage single ballast, anything under 39w output and for either T8 or T5 bulbs :good:

Wanted: single ballast
Age and condition: used or new
Quantity wanted: 1
Reason for Sale:
Delivery or Collection: delivery
Sales price: ??
Postage & Packaging: Post or local collection
Photograph:

All negotiations and questions must be posted in this sales thread and NOT by PM.

Communications may only be taken to PM once the sale and price has been agreed upon on the open forum and payment/collection details need to be given.
The agreement of the time and date of collection or postage, or confirmation that items have been posted should also be posted in the thread.

Please refrain from commenting unless you are interested in more details or are interested in buying.
If you suspect any foul play, please use the report button and the moderating team will deal with all reports.

For the puffer tank, the 39w T5 is to much so wanting something less powerfull and just a single bulb.

Once I sort this out I may retro fit the 2 x 39w T5's into the Roma hood, to replace the 2 x 30w T8's.

Thats the plan anyway.

Are right... shame you have a plan for the one you already have... was going to offer a swap. lol.

Why not just buy 2 13w tubes? :unsure:

Would the 39w ballast not blow lower wattage bulbs??

Don't think so mate, i have had a 24w in mine and currently running a 13w. Even ran an 8w tube in it last year.

Just a thought, may save you a few quid. :)

Cool may give it a go, just to let you know the Puffer tank has ZERO plants in it now!! They were rotting away and getting covered in Algea!!

Tank now only had rocks, slate, wood and 2cm of substrate!! Removed 90% of the substrate as plant matter was rotting away under it and when I did a gravel vac the tank turned into a stinking egg pot!!

:crazy:

mmm... lovely?! :(

Loads and loads of wood then. Sumatran root style or maybe redmoor if you're feeling flush.

Hi

Are you looking for a complete pre wired unit or just a ballast? I've some Philips T5 ballasts left over from a job they are suitable for 2 x 14-35W tubes, they are just ballsats though, so would need wiring and fitting in a suitable enclosure.

Cheers

Jon

I've got an single 18W Arcadia sealing thingamy for T8's you'd be welcome to if you need it, but I'm pretty certain that Minnnt is right and you could just put in a lower power tube.

Hi

Are you looking for a complete pre wired unit or just a ballast? I've some Philips T5 ballasts left over from a job they are suitable for 2 x 14-35W tubes, they are just ballsats though, so would need wiring and fitting in a suitable enclosure.

Cheers

Jon

Thanks for the offer but as I am colourblind I would more than likley end up hurting myself if I tried to wire them up! lol

I've got an single 18W Arcadia sealing thingamy for T8's you'd be welcome to if you need it, but I'm pretty certain that Minnnt is right and you could just put in a lower power tube.

Hi that sounds ideal, I am hoping to use the ballast I have for my larger tank so need a lower wattage ballast for my puffer tank, how much you after for it?

Just looking for all the bits. Got the ballast with it's wiring and seals but have to dig out the lighting clips. We're in a bit of a mess here with renovations going on and builders stuff everywhere.

Assuming I can find everything I was probably thinking of about £10 + whatever for postage. Or, depending on where in Bristol you are you could potentially collect.

Most reactions

Back