Shrimp safe meds

Reaction score
Recently i bought some armoured shrimp and while doing some research, i noticed that various compounds like copper found in fish meds are lethal to them. I havn't got any sick fish in the tank they are in at the mo, but since i generally use meds by interpet when my fish do get ill i would like to know if there are any meds i should look out for not to use? I checked on some fish med leaflets and couldn't find their ingredients thats all so any help is much appreiciated as i don't want to accidentally kill my shrimp if a fish gets ill...
Other than that the shrimp are doing very well- i only got 2 as thats all they had left at my lfs and i am aware that they grow to about 15cm's, they are currently living in a 50gal tank with various platys, mollys, plecs, and corys and khuli loachs. The tank has been mature for about a year :) .
Im re-organising the tank a bit as the shrimp kicked the khuli loachs out of their cave and moved in so i will get some more caves in the tank for everyone, is there anything else i should be doing for the shrimp?

Well, I've used melafix and pimafix in my tanks that have ghost and amano shrimp.
As far as I Know its safe to use. Mind you we are talkin about different shrimps here arent we.
None of mine have died....yet.

"sigh"....
U'know, just any input, even if this is all in my head, i posted this thread days ago...

Most reactions

Back