shrimp in my tank?? dat is the Q

dawie22

Reaction score
Hello all sorry its been a while since I have posted.. Little work prob at the moment and also the lack of it to :blink: .

At present I have a tank with a few fish and a little algae that needs looking at. I was looking into getting some shrimp to put in there. So far I have tried different hours on the lights, moved the tank out of direct sunlight as it was catching a little light in the mornings and also cut down on the feeding of the fish. But the stuff keeps coming back. Shrimp looked like an answer but not sure if they would help or just become a meal to the other fish.

At present i have 2 Black Ghost Knife edges, 1 plec and a few Danio (+ 1 sucking loach)... any ideas. All is well in the tank community wise and water quality wise, except that one of the Knife edge's has a fascination about eating the base of my plants (who seems happy to eat flakes) but that’s something else.

hope to hear soon.

thank you in advance.

darv

Wha tsize is this tank. Ghost shrimp will eat some algae but they are more of a scavenger and will mostly just clean up after the fish. Btw if you have a pleco in there oyu shouldn't have any algae problems. Depending on the type of plec that is. What kind of plec do you have? If you have room I would suggest a rubbernose/bulldog/rubberlip pleco. Or maybe a trio of ottos. They should clear up your algae. How long has this tank been set up btw.

my tank it 127 leters, im not to sure on the type of plec that i have at the moment but looking at hi i think hes a Bristlenose, i will lok at the others that you have suggested.

my tank has been up for agout 7 months now and all is going ok, exept i think i may have to repalace some of the plants hehe

Thank you

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back